Please check back often as we will make every attempt possible to keep you updated on the evolving situation and how/if it will affect this year’s tournament.
April 7 Statement:
We’re adjusting our course, not our destination.
Since our last communication, we’ve been busy brainstorming and planning a virtual fundraiser scheduled to culminate on May 2nd, our original tournament date. However, as the COVID-19 crisis has evolved, and we now know that it’s likely to peak in our state near the end of the month, we realize that the next few weeks, and likely many weeks to follow, are going to be very difficult for many of us.
But that doesn’t mean our fight is over. Childhood cancer didn’t go away with the arrival of COVID-19. In fact, it’s just added yet another challenge for these immunocompromised children, their families, and their care teams to navigate. That’s why we’ve decided to continue our fundraising efforts through the summer and into later this year. We hope that this will allow our country time to heal and afford our R4R community time to assess their ability to support our mission this year.
We will continue to monitor the situation to determine the best date and way to culminate and celebrate our fundraising year, and will keep you posted as we know more. These are trying times for sure, but we will get through it, and we believe that we’ll come out stronger and more determined to land a cure than ever before.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.
March 24 Statement:
We are sad to announce that, in recognition of COVID-19 and recommendations against travel and gatherings, we are canceling this year’s tournament to help protect the health and safety of our teams and volunteers. We are truly heartbroken, but also comforted knowing that we have the most understanding and generous supporters in the world. As R4R has grown over the years, we’ve often found ourselves saying, “the fishing has become secondary.” And now, more than ever, is the time for us to prove it. While so many things in our lives are being put on hold, childhood cancer is not. Therefore, we plan to still come together (virtually) the weekend of May 1st & 2nd and continue our mission to LAND A CURE. Please be on the lookout for updates as we work out the details of our plan.
March 17 Statement:
We at Reelin’ for Research are committed to doing all we can to land a cure for childhood cancer, but recognize that we must do so in a safe and responsible manner. As of now, this year’s tournament is still on as scheduled, but we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and will keep you updated, weekly at minimum, regarding any possible impacts it may have on the weekend. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.